Shake Up Your St. Patrick's Day Cocktails
Consider imbibing with one of these fun, non-traditional St. Patrick's Day cocktails!
Cruzan Emerald Daiquiri
1 part Cruzan Aged Light Rum
1 part Midori Melon Liqueur
1 Lime, juiced
Melon Balls or Lime Wheels
1. Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass with optional sugared rim
2. Garnish with a melon ball and/or lime wheel on the rim.
Basil Hayden's Spiced Shamrock
By Jason Asher (Phoenix, AZ)
2 Parts Basil Hayden's Bourbon
½ Lemon muddled with Thai basil leaf
1 Part Aperol
¾ Part Simple Syrup (1:1 ratio of equal parts sugar and water)
1 Grapefruit peel (for garnish)
1 Thai basil leaf (for garnish)
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake for 6 seconds
2. Double strain over ice into a rocks glass
3. Garnish with a grapefruit peel and Thai basil leaf
Laphroaig Last Laph
Created by Austin mixologist Justin Lavenue
3/4 Part Laphroaig Select
3/4 Part Ginger Liqueur
3/4 Part Pineapple Juice
3/4 Part Lemon Juice
3 Dashes Absinthe Verte
Spring of Mint (for garnish)
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
2. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a mint sprig.