Drug Overdoses Close House of Blues
There were three drug overdoses at Boston's House of Blues early on Wednesday morning, it was reported today on the Boston Police Department website.
"At about 12:45 AM, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, officers from district D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call for an overdose in the area of 15 Lansdowne Street Boston (House of Blues)," the report reads.
"On arrival, officers were informed that three individuals, unknown to each other, had been transported to Beth Israel Hospital. The victims appeared to be suffering from an overdose from an unknown substance. One adult female victim was later pronounced deceased. Another adult female victim and adult male victim are currently listed in serious condition."
Boston.com added that "Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley's office said the woman who died was a 19-year-old from New Hampshire and that it was not yet known what substance she ingested. Toxicology tests are pending, Conley's office said. No charges have been filed in the case.
"The survivors are a 24-year-old woman and a man in his 20s, authorities said."
The club is closed. Tonight's concert featuring ZEDD has been cancelled.
"It was unclear how long the club would stay closed. The Boston Licensing Board is expected to issue a request for the owners and management to appear at a hearing sometime next week to address the overdoses," Boston.com reported.